Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TJ Grill Quickie

Yesterday, I posted in my other blog DENCity that I have taken the first few steps in getting active and eventually lose some weight on my mid-section and that today, I will start watching my diet. So before going to work, I made myself a healthy sandwich and the plan was NOT to have 'lunch' at work anymore.

I don't know what happened. It seemed like my manager cast a spell on me when he pinged me via Lotus SameTime (a messenger application similar to YM) that we're eating out since it wasn't a busy day at the office. Without batting an eyelash, I replied YES! I even suggested the place. DARN!!! We tagged along the rest of the leadership team in our LOB (Line of Business).

TJ Grill along Kamagong street in Makati is one of our favorites if we get tired of the usual greasy fast food. Our favorite is their famous crispy sisig and pinakbet. But last night, we didn't have our 'usual.' Instead, we had an order of Crispy Pata. For the price of PHP450.00 it was worth it for the five of us. And we're a bunch of 'eaters' so we added two orders of pinakbet and an order of sinuglaw which is sinugba na liempo mixed with kinilaw na isda, hence the name sinuglaw.

We didn't mind the long wait because we knew it's worth the wait. While waiting for our order, I took the liberty of taking a few pictures of the place using my iPhone 4.





On every table they have a dim-lit candle which sets the certain mood which makes you forget that you are in the middle of a busy city.
  



I may have fallen in love with the 'light' so I took several pictures of it.










 The whole place reminds me of some resto-bars along the beach.










Usually, this place is jam-packed with loyal patrons but yesterday, it was an unusual day since only two tables were occupied.




And then our food was finally served!!!






 It was an indescribable gastronomic experience... I had extra rice after an extra rice!!!


Take a look at the aftermath...



No comments:

Post a Comment