Saturday, April 9, 2011

Team Meeting at R&J Bulalohan

One night in the office, while having a heated discussion over a lot of things that matter and a little bit of those that don't, our leadership team decided to take it out on a dinner at a fine-dining restaurant. I was kidding about the latter part. We went to R&J Bulalohan at Mandaluyong. It's just a couple of back flips from my apartment so it's kinda an extension of my dining room. 

We had their special bulalo (beef shank soup)  which is their famous dish. But honestly, I think their bulalo could get better if I were to modify it. 


I suggested to get their tofu steak which I really dig. Dean, our manager, ordered crispy fried tawilis.which is a native fish in Taal Lake. I wish I could modify it too!







 Marj, a colleague, ordered for lechon kawali (pan-roasted pork) which tasted ordinary.





 K, another colleague, ordered for papaitan (stewed beef innards). It was actually my first time to taste their papaitan. I have been to Ilocos several times so I can tell that it was a little far from the authentic one. R&J's papaitan tasted more like sinigang.










After a few photo-shoots, we all started to dig in. I started by making my favorite sawsawan (dip) - chili, calamansi and patis (fish sauce).








And then there was silence... pregnant silence...

The photos below would show why... I won't tell who's plate is which... LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment