Monday, April 4, 2011

Nostalgia

It's been like forever since I last went home to Iloilo so I got excited when finally, I will be going home again this May. I am tagging along a couple of friends from Ilocos who are actually like a family to me. They have been showing me the beauties of Ilocos (actually I was referring to the food more than the places) so I am planning to do the same when I bring them to my hometown.
It's been like centuries since I last went home so I thought I missed a lot of things in Iloilo especially on the new spots to eat out so I decided to surf the net to get fresh information. I think I consider myself lucky when I bumped into Flavours of Iloilo which did not only give me the info I needed, I also learned some new dishes.
While breezing through the posts, which occasionally made me drool, I thought to myself that I wanted to have a food blog site of my own.With this said, I made my own food blog site which I call My Ilonggo Taste Bud

I specifically liked the post about batchoy which is my personal favorite. So for my first post, I am posting my Ted's La Paz Batchoy experience at MOA which I always do when I crave for one.
This noodle dish brings back wonderful memories of me and my father who would always treat me for a large bowl of La Paz Batchoy  whenever he visits me in my boarding house at the city. Every time I feast on the hot kaldo, I get teary-eyed because it makes me miss my father. Each bite of the sumptuous pork innards brings me back to my childhood - happy, innocent, care-free. 
Now I'm craving for batchoy again... good thing they have branches here in Manila... and soon... very soon enough, I will be in Iloilo to feast on a hot bowl of Ted's La Paz Batchoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment