Monday, April 4, 2011

Anticipating

I have exactly a month before I could finally taste the authentic taste of Ilonggo pleasure. By then, I will surely share my gastronomic experience to you all by giving you a blow by blow account of my foodie encounter.
Until then, let me just share with you some of the food which I can always readily avail over the counter here in Manila.
I normally get a chance to prepare a sumptuous meal for myself during weekends because of my hectic schedule at the office. And last Monday morning (which is actually a Sunday night in my case since I work at a back office of an IT company in North America) I wanted to deviate from the usual fried meatloaf and fried rice. So I went to the market to grab whatever gives me the appetite. I was craving for a lot of things which made me buy a lot of things but still haven't made up my mind on what to cook.

 




To cut the chase, I ended up preparing salted eggs with chopped red onions and and tomatoes drizzled with calamansi.





 

But it still wasn't enough for my big appetitie so I cut and fried some eggplants and drizzled them with sesame oil... and yes, still wasn't enough for me so I fried some young pork tocino which I normally eat with spicy vinegar. but this time, I mixed mayonnaise (I always prefer Kraft) with chopped onions and calamansi juice. 

 



I didn't have much time to brew my favorite kapeng barako (courtesy of my friend Joy who visited me and another friend Vanessa last month) so I opted for an instant Kopiko Brown Coffee.




So there... want some?

No comments:

Post a Comment